Sunday 4 March 2007

Blog: Silent Film Festival, end of April.

I recently received this email, and wanted to spread the love to any secret silent movie fans among the people I've come across and directed to this blog...

Hello Ben

I see you’ve
reviewed a Keaton silent film at IMDB (my review - BC) and thought you might like to know about Sydney’s inaugural Silent Film Festival to be held March 30 – April 1 at the Hayden Orpheum in Cremorne and the Art Gallery of NSW. Saturday afternoon will feature 2 Keaton films; The Goat and Steamboat Bill, Jr, but you can check out the entire program and further details at their website.

Best regards,
Barbara


I thanked Barbara personally, almost as personal as her invite to me, we're like so close to being best friends... Many more interesting things than this have happened to me lately, I promise. Just the other day I dropped my phone into a toilet... Had I had a computer, and an internet, in the vicinity, I may have thought to peruse this web site and save myself a modicum of trauma... Not too much, though... You want to preserve a little trauma in each day, so that you have stories like this to recount to people.

No comments: