Wednesday 17 September 2008

Blog: Why the white suit?

Or What Is It That Tom Wolfe Thinks About As He Is Dressing In The Morning, And Other Time-Saving Tips.

Or Is Tom Wolfe Wearing A White Suit Or Is He Just Happy To See Me?

Or Ernest XIII: Ernest Wears A White Suit, Starring Tom Wolfe.

Or Imperial Trooper Cloning Facility, or Tom Wolfe's Wardrobe?

The House That Tom Built
In His Long White Suit
Was a long boring book.

Tom's significant other: Tom, come in here for a minute.
Tom (or, if you prefer, Foghorn Leghorn): Why yes Maude?
Tom's significant other: I was just getting ready for the wedding, and I was checking what you were wearing...
Tom: Why Maudie, I'm wearing my birthday suit, you know I always wears my birthday suit when I'm composing a thousand-page novel.
Tom's significant other: I'm sorry dear, I didn't realise you was workin', will this one be about racist rednecks who dress up in white suits and talk like Foghorn Leghorn too? I so loves it when you writes like that; hot darn.

We interrupt this smattering of jabs at Tom Wolfe to inform you of a real tragedy in the literary world: David Foster Wallace has died.

No comments: