Friday 5 September 2008

News: Third Time's The Chat

That little band went to bluesfest, that other little band went to America to make it big... This little band is going to the Excelsior Hotel, Surrey Hills.

It just doesn't get any bigger than that.

Particularly with the likes of Jack Carty and the Party, alumni of the Sydney Uni Band Comp and other places where young people go to meet other young people, and the lovely Emma Davis (lovely both as a person and as a singer, and she's also cute.)

In the intervening weeks since the last time the Chats went live Joe Public has often come up to me in the street and said, "Ben, I'm sorry I couldn't make it to your lounge-room gig, even though I was invited and it sounds amazing on myspace (http://www.myspace.com/bencheshireandthechats that is) and I've had to say to them, "just don't let it happen again." But perhaps I shouldn't be saying that, since I told you it was ten bucks for a twenty-minute gig and I told you it was an all-ages band comp at the Stag... But that shouldn't matter... Just the very notion of a live performance by the Chats... We could do it in the very living room of my drummer Joe's place and it would be magical! Right? Wrong. You missed that already, that was last gig, and its on myspace, so check it out. But forget about that. That's in the past. This gig is in the future, which is way cooler. Its at the Excelsior, Surrey Hills, and we're not even going to try and treat it like our living room, because people don't like it when I take my shirt off in bistro-areas.

Jack Carty and the Party
with Emma Davis and Ben Cheshire and the Chats.
Excelsior Hotel Foveaux St, SURREY HILLS, between Central Station and the Hopetoun.
18th Sep, 8pm. $8
(All the 8's... Freaky.)

Ben

No comments: