Friday 21 September 2007

Poem: Drunken Conversation

If I was a pillow I’d stay
Here all day with you.
If my fingers were keys
So I had, like, key-hands,
I’d never lose my keys;
And they'd be ready,
If you’d follow me.
I don't know about touching you...
I might just have to say nice things,
And hope that was as fulfilling.
What if you were so normal
It surprised you
My wearing a pink bow
And saying “happy birthday,”
Brain leaking
Out across my cheek?
I can go ages without seeing you
But I can’t ever leave once I do.
If the windows had bars…
Do the windows have bars?
Anyway, I’d do the same thing
All the time. But if I died,
I’d come back; make things up;
Have you believe them.
Or I could teach you to fly
So high we asphyxiate.
Or even higher.
Depends how far away the sky is –
From down here, it looks like a while.

Sep, 07.

No comments: