Thursday 13 September 2007

Blog: Update

Too much has been going on since my last post; if you're wondering why I'm so seriously neglecting my online life, its cause I've been so busy with my real life.

I'm studying to be an english teacher, and I just passed my first prac. I recently submitted two new poems to a host of magazines, after rekindling a love for poetry thanks to Harold Bloom's "Genius" and facebook's poetry shout. Who needs blogspot when you have facebook, really...

At time of writing, I'm making my directorial debut of Being There (the second of my plays to be performed; which is not affiliated with the Peter Sellars movie); a domestic black comedy of around 20 minutes, which is part of a short play festival with Sydney Uni Drama Society and the 2007 Verge, arts festival. Getting actors to bring my ideas to life is an electrifying experience. Seriously, I got a shock at one point. It might have been static electricity, I'm still waiting to hear back on that.

I'm just preparing videos of a gig I recently did with Ali on violin at Madame Fling Flong for youtube; and John Columbus have our EP completed and mastered, and it sounds terrific; I'm so proud to have been involved.

No comments: